Friday, October 30, 2020

Today In Nappanee

 


Today we took a trip to nearby Nappanee. It was a pretty drive through the country, but I could see many trees are losing their leaves. Last week really was the peak for our area.

We mainly wanted to visited Bellas's Books and Puzzles which used to be in the Cowshed which closed down over a year ago. She is now on South Main Street in Nappanee. We saw an ad in our local newspaper. My husband was determined to stock up on jigsaw puzzles for the cold months ahead. We bought 3. Before heading home, we stopped at Coppes Commons where we bought a 4th.


When we arrived home, he started sorting through our puzzle shelves. We agreed to get rid of 5.

I bought two used books at Bella's. I have read these authors, but these are book one in new-to-me series. The bookstore paperback fiction tends to run $4 a book.


We had a tasty lunch at Hunter's Hideaway cafe next door to the bookstore. We were able to park in a free lot behind these two retail spots. 

Once home, I went to the credit union to cash two checks. The lot was empty. On the door it said temporarily closed. Instead I drove north to the other branch. I suspect some deep cleaning is being done or enough personnel have to quarantine because of COVID. That happened at this branch at least once before. Northern Indiana continues to set new records for virus cases. Not too sure how active we will be in the community once cold weather and the virus have settled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment