Sunday, October 11, 2020

A Quiet Sunday Afternoon

 I sat out on my front porch a bit this afternoon until a cool wind drove me inside. I didn't see a single car nor a single person walking. We should all be enjoying this Indian summer, but other than my short stay outside and the condo doors open to let in fresh air I too have had a lazy Sunday afternoon. I plan to balance my checkbook and work on some bills before finishing the newspaper I started at breakfast. I do enjoy having a Sunday newspaper to read.

This weekend we finished a nice autumn jigsaw puzzle.



I rearranged my mum bouquet and put fresh water in the sunflower vase. Some of the petals of both arrangements are starting to fall. It won't be much longer before I throw them out, maybe 3 or 4 days.

 The little neighborhood chipmunk sat still on a warm rock this morning while I watched church service online. Usually, he is scampering all over the place. He too is enjoying this Indian summer.

As we drove home from Columbia City yesterday I saw that the Indiana Antique Mall on Highway 30 has a big banner announcing a closing sale. According to its Facebook page, they will permanently close November 14th. I will try to get over there sometime this week; it is a quieter less busy week for me. 

When I took the Winona Literary Club dues to deposit at the bank last Wednesday, I noticed that Family Video would close down today. I stopped on my way home and bought 5 movies for 99 cents each. A couple of them like The Butler and Memphis Belle I have seen a long time ago. Stocking up for cold days spent indoors.

Covid is spiking again in Indiana. Our county is no exception. We had another death (total 18) posted this weekend. Kosciusko County has the highest positivity rate (over 15) in Northern Indiana right now. I don't believe our governor has the will to shut down things, especially since he is up for reelection. I will take extra care re being in groups of people. Increased transmission means increased risk. We definitely have greater transmission in recent weeks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment