Monday, October 5, 2020

A Fine Fall Day

 We started out cold and foggy this morning. It was 33 degrees at 8 a.m. I had brought my porch plants into the garage. Now the rest of the week we are to warm up to 70's with nights mostly in the 45-50 range.

I am so glad that I did not discard my ruffled impatiens when September rolled around. They were not blooming much at all, but that has really changed. They just needed some cooler temperatures to thrive again.




I added my metal autumn wreath to the front door about 10 days ago.


Today at PT I told the therapist that the deep muscle massage was leaving me really sore for 2 days. She suggested we try e-stim. This machine puts out electrical pulses. It really went well. For a few hours I even had reduced pain in my hand and reduced numbness in my fingers even though the electrodes were attached to my trapezius muscles and around my shoulder blade. I still have the increased flexibility of my neck this evening. We will try this again Thursday.

After my PT session, I shopped at Kroger. The store wasn't busy so the narrow aisles were not as risky today. I actually enjoyed being in the store instead of doing pick-up orders. I bought some flowers to perk up my day even more.



I wanted to shop for masks; as soon as I entered there was a huge display with most of the stuff BOGO free. I bought several items. One item on sale, but not BOGO, was a package of filters. I have two masks that have pockets for filters. I am going to put a filter inside the pocket and wear that mask to choir practice. If it isn't too hard to breathe, I will make that my habit for choir. It will make me feel a little less uneasy. 


My Kroger store has a nice selection of cake slices. I bought a tuxedo style, and then this evening I split it with my husband. I still see shortages: paper towels and napkins which I did not need, and no liquid soap refill bottle which I want because mine is getting low.

All in all, a very nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment