Thursday, October 15, 2020

Autumn Features

 I set out yesterday afternoon under cloudy skies. I wish I had waited about 30 minutes because the sun did come out when the breeze chased them away. My early photos had no sunshine.

I went to the pond to find some bittersweet. I also clipped some little red "berries" which I think because of the thorns on the stems are actually rose hips. 




Here is how I used the bittersweet and rose hips with some artificial leaves.

As I walked home I noticed these zinnias in a yard. I can't believe I didn't see them earlier this year.




Some leaves are already on the ground.

As I rounded the corner at Sunset and Elder to walk towards my condo, I saw this burning bush near Grace Village Assisted Living.


Then as I came to Camelot I saw my backdoor neighbors starting out on a walk of their own. I asked if I could take a picture of her pumpkin in a birdbath. As I knelt to frame the photo, I saw their little dog Bandit chowing down on the front porch. He didn't let out a yip or bark. Not a very good guard dog.




Finally, as I crossed the grass toward my condo, I snapped this tree. That is my home in the background.


Other changes around my house are the fothergilla. On the west side of my condo I was surprised to see some hydrangea blooms still in decent shape.


We finished another jigsaw puzzle. Probably the last one for another 10 days as next week is very busy.


How are you spending your autumn days?


No comments:

Post a Comment