Sunday, November 1, 2020

Plant Progression

 

Blustery winds the past few days mean leaves raining down and piling up. Most of the leaves in this photo taken yesterday have blown eastward today. We have just a scattered few in our backyard.

When the Grace Village landscaper planted a fothergilla bush next to my porch about two years ago, I didn't know what to expect. This was a new plant to me. I have been so happy with its coloration in autumn. The leaves are starting to blow off so it too will soon be bare.






We are getting a few flurries right now (3 p.m.). I kind of hated sending my husband out in the cold to pick up our Ruby Tuesday lunches today, but they tasted so good. Yesterday our back-door neighbor brought us some brownies his wife had baked. They were a nice change of flavor from the seafood we ate. 

By midweek we will be in the 60's. Thursday or Friday I should be able to cut my Veronica (speedwell) down to ground level in preparation for the winter. The flowers have remained bright and cheerful, but the leaves are starting to show damage from frost. I still have some cheddar pink flowers in bloom. They will be all the color I have left after Friday. 

I still need to change my watches back an hour. Managed to do all of the clocks before bed last night or when rising this morning (the kitchen clocks). I hate the time changes. I wish we would stay on a steady time all year long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment