Sunday, October 4, 2020

Reciprocity

 My backdoor neighbor knocked on my patio door yesterday around noon. He had a butternut squash and a sack of tomatoes given to him by a gardening friend. 



I started thinking how I can incorporate these into this week's meals; they are already ripe and some getting squishy. I will save the squash for the following week when it gets colder after a warm weekend; baked squash, sausages, apples go well together. I don't think I want the oven on much during the warmer days ahead.



To reciprocate I grabbed my bowl of Costco candy and told him to take a handful to eat with his wife.

One of the former presidents of Grace College and Seminary died last week. Dr. Homer Kent, Jr. was president during most of my 11 years working at the college library. He had been in health care at Grace Village the past few years; I haven't seen him for about 2 years I guess. A very godly man. The memorial site is a huge indoor athletic arena at the college; we discussed attending tomorrow. I was relieved to see it is going to be live-streamed on You Tube. We have been going out more lately and involved in some smaller group activities, but avoiding large gatherings. This streamed service will suit us better.

At least the crowd size restrictions have been lifted in Indiana so a large funeral/memorial service is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment