Friday, October 2, 2020

Dizzy Dame

 So far after a week of physical therapy exercises, I see no improvement in my pain. The other therapy I have been given is deep muscle massage. This actually increases my pain for several days. Although it gives me more flexibility in neck movement, that increase doesn't last. I think next week I will tell them to discontinue the massage.

I started taking the gabapentin again last night. It is for nerve root pain. The first time I took it I also took tramadol as instructed. Drowsiness, dizziness, sweating, nausea meant I didn't take a second pill. The prescription for gabapentin is titered. I slowly increase the number of times a day I take it. I did get a little drowsy last night, but it is the dizziness that is bothersome. When I got up to use the bathroom last night I had to sit on the side of the bed until I felt I could safely navigate. I do believe my other problems during the first dose actually came from the tramadol. The dizziness wasn't as severe this morning, but it lasted until about 10 a.m. I will continue with bedtime doses for the next two nights. I will have to decide whether to continue next week because I have several engagements and responsibilities where I cannot risk dizziness.

I plead guilty to feeling some schadenfreude this morning when I heard President Trump had contracted Covid-19. I just heard that he will be going to Walter Reed Medical Center. I hope that is just precaution and not because he is getting worse. The White House has not been very forthcoming re his real condition.

Last Sunday my husband and I decided to dine in at Ruby Tuesday. We had been using the generous BOGO coupons for pick-up. We wore masks as requested by the sign on the front door. We took them off while dining but replaced them to leave the restaurant. As we exited, an older couple not wearing masks was in the vestibule. The man sneered and in a derisive tone said to us "Wearing masks." As we drove away, I did not see them exit so I am assuming the restaurant employees seated them. I blame a lot of this attitude on President Trump. 

Last week I took a photo of my moss roses in their glory. The cold nights the last few days have brought them to the point of needing to be pulled up. The bright flowers do not open up and the stems are turning brown. I will try to pull them out next week when it is warmer.



We are enjoying the flavors of fall. I finished off our apple cider this morning. Last night we started in on a pumpkin pie.


We will warm up next week to mid-60s. That will allow me to do some walking outside. The autumn colors are just lovely right now and will probably peak next weekend. Happy autumn to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment