Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Michigan Blueberry Day

Today I bought a 5-lb box of blueberries at Martin's. Every summer they sell blueberries from Michigan, often at a nice sales price. If they still have some in 2 weeks, I will buy another box. As I sort through them, I put the softer berries in my green Tupperware to be stored in the refrigerator and eaten fresh. That is why I will wait a few weeks to get some more. We have plenty to eat over the next week. The firmer berries I freeze for use later in the year.


I have about a dozen moss roses open each day now. I still have a few less mature plants that have not put out flowers yet. So far mostly red blooms with a few yellow and orange. I loved the white ones in previous years but don't know if any will appear this summer. 

All of the grocery stores in Warsaw, including Walmart, now require face masks/coverings to enter the store. It may just be an illusion of safety, but I do feel better about shopping now.

I plan to go to the Plymouth Farmers Market Saturday. Of the list I shared with you of things I was looking forward to, I have realized most of them now or will after Saturday.

 I have not returned to my church for in-person worship. Since we had 2 Covid-19 cases attend before they knew they were ill, I decided to wait. Now I will wait several more weeks to see if the many teachers that attend my church stay well. School starts up soon, and in Warsaw it will be in-classroom instruction. Maybe sometime in September I will return to church at least a few times, if not regularly. 

Winona Literary Club is planning to start up September 23rd. As treasurer I really need to be there to take the dues to the bank and write checks. I will probably wear a mask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment