Thursday, July 16, 2020

Gussying Up

My trips outside my home mostly consist of grocery shopping or a few times eating in a restaurant. Since lipstick soils my face mask, I don't put any on. Also, the ear loops on my mask tend to get tangled up with my earrings. This afternoon I am at home, but I decided to gussy up. I put on a pair of dangly earrings and applied lipstick. I am tired of being plain Jane. 

I didn't think I would work on any more coloring pages, but I printed 3 simple floral sheets today with birds and butterflies also part of the pictures. I have to get through Sunday's prep for my Monday colonoscopy; I felt like I might need some distraction that didn't require deep concentration and could be interrupted often. I will color. 

I feel happy today. I see a dozen reddish moss roses outside my window. It is cooler (but very humid) with overcast skies. A few items I ordered online should arrive tomorrow. Something to look forward to. 

Today at the grocery store I found out Tropicana has a low-acid orange juice. I bought a bottle to try since my regular brand is still not on the shelf. I bought the Pepsi I like in six-pack bottles, and it is on sale. The great find was that Blue Bell Moo-llennium Crunch ice cream is back in stock. Woohoo!

Kroger just announced that beginning July 22nd masks will be required in their stores everywhere. I may go back to my usual store again. As long as they enforce masks, I will give it a try.  Kroger also announced that they are still waiving the pickup fee on online orders so I may try that again, too. 

We had another death from COVID-19 in our county; now up to 5. As of this afternoon we have 605 confirmed cases. With the state testing going on for 2 weeks in our county, I will assume that number is going to rise. I also fear for those in schools which will start up again in a few weeks. Life rolls along, but apparently in the grip of a pandemic yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment