Sunday, July 5, 2020

Non-Busy Weekend

It is very hot this weekend and will continue through most of next week in the 90's. I washed our cloth masks yesterday since we weren't going anywhere after eating breakfast in a restaurant. We still have a few disposable-style masks as well. I see the Indiana State Health Department dashboard shows 4 deaths for our county now; since our newspaper didn't publish on the holiday and the local digital news hasn't updated any stories on the virus this is the only way to keep track, but the state dashboard always lags on the number of cases compared to the newspaper. 

Life includes happy moments. Our pastor's son posted on Facebook his engagement to his girlfriend. He took her on a mystery date in a nearby town, then blindfolded her and walked/led her a short distance. When she took the blindfold off he was on bended knee holding out a ring box and popped the question. His father filmed the event; it looked like 2 sisters/girlfriends? were witnessing it all too as they appeared in the pictures congratulating her. 

This morning the audio on my church's You Tube service failed. I did check awhile ago and it must have finally been fixed in time for the sermon but not for the announcements and singing. I had already listened to a sermon by Denny Wilson, the founder of Warsaw Community Church. That church has 3 pulpit pastors, but Denny is the best in my opinion. The series is Joy Remains on the book of Philippians. The emphasis today was on contentment in the circumstances of life even if they lead to death. (To live is Christ, to die is gain.) Very timely. So Satan didn't win this morning by messing up my church's audio; I had already listened to God's word earlier.

I had deadheaded my cheddar pinks, and there have been a few magenta flowers, but mostly the patio plot has been dull. This morning the moss roses started opening. Time for some color again. These come up on their own from the seeds dropped by the spent flowers each year.


Most days I read a selection from a Karen Kingsbury book of short stories/devotionals that I bought at Goodwill some time ago.
The blue vase I usually have on the sofa table in the entry has been in the sunroom with the hydrangeas. In its place I had one of my husband's woodworking pieces. It was interesting to see the light from the skylight enhancing it.
When I returned my online-ordered shirt to Macy's in Fort Wayne Friday, I did browse the store. I just tried two items on over the top I was wearing as the store only had one dressing room open and the line was over 15 people long spaced out 6 feet apart. I found a Tommy Hilfiger shirt to buy. Usually I can't wear his line because the tops are too tight in the bust. This was an XXL which is not my size but I decided it would do OK. I was really wanting to find a summery shirt in pink. This does have some pink. It has those roll-up tab sleeves, but I may move the buttons over to wear it with long sleeves later. When I tried it on at home, my husband pointed out that the neck was rather big, but the price was right and I like the print so I will keep the shirt.
We couldn't see the fireworks over Winona Lake last night. I think they must have relocated the shooting barge. Oh, well, a few blocks over neighbors shot up some pretty higher ones. I also enjoyed all of the fireflies flitting about. We watched on TV the fireworks over New York City, too.

Yesterday afternoon we watched episode 6 of Downton Abbey. Then we started a jigsaw puzzle. I worked on it some last night, too, staying up until midnight since I knew I wouldn't sleep with the firecracker noises in progress. 

Not an especially exciting weekend, but a pleasant time.

No comments:

Post a Comment