Saturday, July 25, 2020

Plymouth Farmers' Market

This morning we drove to Plymouth to shop the farmers' market. There were about half the vendors compared to last summer. My favorite cupcake lady was not there nor the church group that offered all kinds of baked goods. Lots of big tomatoes but only one booth with grape ones, and they didn't look very good.

Indiana's mask mandate goes into effect Monday. However, most of the customers wore masks. The Mennonite? vendors had masks but wore them below their noses. I have noticed this about this group of people in grocery stores, too. Since they probably don't watch TV, they may have not seen the ads explaining the nose should be covered. Except for the few people without masks, all of the customers had their noses covered. The message is getting out about proper wearing. 

I bought some pumpkin nut bars and a small bouquet of flowers from one vendor. This is where I bought flowers last summer.


I bought some zucchini and peppers for tonight's supper. Next Saturday I may visit the Warsaw farmers' market as more summer produce is ripening. That would be closer. Also, Friday when I went to Sweet Corn Charleys I saw nice peppers and tomatoes so that is an even closer option and available every day but Sunday.

Our church had VBS this past week. Tomorrow's service will be a wrap-up of VBS, and it will not be streamed. I guess we'll just be watching Warsaw Community Church again. 3rd week in a row my church has not streamed or the streaming did not work (last Sunday). In our pastor's email he said the elders and deacons would be meeting this week to discuss the governor's mask mandate. The mandate implies that churches are not exempt. In that case, there will need to be some changes at Fellowship Baptist. They did the social distancing, but not the masking except for a few people who chose to do it on their own.

I have been busy ordering things online this week: a Buechner book, dinner knives to replace the two I have that have loose blades coming out of the handles, a cloth mask with a nose wire, and some tops from Von Maur. Von Maur is a department store. We have one in Jefferson Point in Fort Wayne. It tends to stock clothing more oriented to mature ladies. This store has free shipping and free return shipping. I am taking the chance that these sale items will fit, but if they don't it won't be hard to return them. Some stores still do not allow people to use the fitting rooms (for example, Kohl's, Walmart). I would have to buy clothes, try them on at home, and return if not acceptable. I just have a few items I need to replace things wearing out.

I read an online article yesterday from an expert in drug creation and manufacture. He doesn't think widespread vaccination against the corona virus will happen until autumn 2021. I sincerely hope not; I am already weary of the changes in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment