Monday, March 8, 2021

Waiting Time

 "March is the waiting time. Everything poised to become something else ..." David Gessner, Return of the Osprey

I have seen that thought elsewhere, that March is a waiting time. Just as the natural world wakes up reaching to become spring, the pandemic world sees hope that vaccines will change our situation. We will not return to what we had before, there will be differences, but we are poised to have a more "normal" life.

With warm 60's (but windy) today, I headed out for a walk. I took a few photos. Not much green nor buds.


Another painted rock, but this one all by itself at the entrance to K Hall. A little bird that flew the coop.


Still lots of pine cones in the trees as winter heads for its end.

 When I woke up this morning I was greeted with a golden crocus bloom. After several years of no blooms, and last year with one purple bloom, it appears my crocus bulbs have decided to join in the chorus this spring. I see another gold bloom just starting.

My daffodils have increased in numbers. With this warm air, they should grow pretty fast now. I saw patches in 3 other yards in my neighborhood.


Praise God for renewal and hope in our world.






No comments:

Post a Comment