Sunday, March 21, 2021

Stirrings

 After eating a burrito at El Mezquite in North Manchester and a nice country drive, I decided to take a walk this afternoon. People are stirring about: a group of kids playing basketball in the driveway, a man washing his car, a bicyclist, kids on a trampoline. 

I saw one planting of daffodils with open blooms. A few leaves that I think are tulips.



A dozen geese were taking turns swimming and splashing water off wings.



I sat on the bench next to the pond. I am so out of shape. I need to concentrate on walking the next several weeks so I will be ready to do some hiking at Starved Rock Park in Illinois. 

I downsized my bouquet yesterday. I may get 1 or 2 days more to enjoy them before they wilt away. Wednesday will be two weeks since they arrived. 


The folks with the nice winter mailbox cover have changed to something less seasonal.


I sometimes click on an ad in my Facebook feed for stores I know like Macy's and JC Penney. Last week I clicked on an ad for Appleseed's; I had never heard of this company. They have been in business about 70 years in the Boston area. I ordered a closeout dress. The shipping costs about half the price of the dress. I figured if the dress didn't fit, I would donate it to Goodwill since the return shipping would be about $7. However, it fits fine. I plan to wear it to Wednesday's funeral.






I received a "welcome back" offer from Time magazine. $15 for 1 year. I subscribed for many years, but I felt the quality of the stories and the layout had declined so did not renew. However, I would like something to read as I recuperate from surgery for a few months. I'll see if the magazine is better than I remember. 

Not much leafing out nor blooming, but it is a wonderful spring day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment