Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Agreement

 I am scheduled for posterior cervical fusion surgery on May 26th. This will be day surgery at Parkview Orthopedic Hospital in Fort Wayne.

The second-opinion doctor agreed with my surgeon. I had originally planned to wait until mid-June in the hope that with more time my body might stabilize itself on its own. The doctor I saw yesterday said that was highly unlikely. The motion and instability seen on the x-rays will interfere with the previously-operated levels fusing besides putting stress on the hardware.

Mentally I have accepted the future surgery. Emotionally I am not psyched to face it yet. I have several activities in the next weeks which will give me social interaction and enjoyment. I am going to focus on those. 

We had a nice lunch at Biaggi's yesterday. I like the butternut squash ravioli. The sauce is so good, but it is the walnut pieces that add just the right touch. Our last stop was Costco. When we exited, sleet pummeled us. My flowerbed at home was coated with white. The roads were a little slick, but God brought us safely home.

Now I am praying God will bring me safely through another surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment