Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Discharged

Yesterday when I attended my pelvic floor rehab session, the therapist and I discussed whether to schedule another session. I told her I didn't relish the idea of driving in winter weather road conditions. She reassured me that I knew what to do and could just do it at home. I filled out a one-sheet evaluation; then I was discharged. 

I do not feel like I have to pee all the time anymore. Tonight we went to a movie that lasted a little over 2 hours, and I didn't feel any need to use the toilet during the movie. 

The last few therapy sessions we have been concentrating on reducing pelvic pain. I probably won't eliminate the pain totally, but I can help it subside through exercises and using a heating pad. I still need to work on postural awareness as that can feed into the pain. 

I feel with the bladder problem resolved, I have my life back. I can sit through the entire church service, attend concerts and movies, and even drive for a few hours without a bathroom stop. Things are much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment