Thursday, December 26, 2019

Balmy December 26th

With partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the low 60's, I headed out for a walk around the neighborhood this afternoon with my new Sony camera in my pocket. I am still getting familiar with the camera.

We have outdoor Christmas decorations throughout the Grace Village campus. Some are lights like at the entrance to Assisted Living. The open area between buildings B, C,  and upper entrance to Assisted Living had these ornaments on the trees.

Even though we are "old", some of us still like bright colors, though most of our cars are not this sporty.

I tried to observe what was happening in the natural world around me. You can see we had no snow for Christmas this year.



The pond had a skin of ice; the center was open water in places.






This mailbox caught my eye as I headed home. I will probably pack up my Christmas decorations Monday afternoon. I try to be back in "normal mode" by the 31st for my husband's birthday. Sometimes I don't get the undecorating all done until January 1st though.

No comments:

Post a Comment