Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Christmas Details




I have been enjoying my Christmas decorations. This holly runner was given to me last year by sister-in-law B. It fits perfectly on my china cabinet. I took these photos without a tripod using my new camera. The close-ups did not blur the way my old camera would have done. Notice the little buttons and wooden holly leaf detail on each end of the runner. I love it.
The little house was a gift several years ago from my sister K. The trees and snowmen were created by my husband. I enjoy seeing the whole scene during these weeks leading up to Christmas.

This little nativity I bought at Frankenmuth, Michigan, decades ago. The coaster is one of 6, four different birds represented. It is sitting in the den on the mesquite table my husband built.


The camera has distorted the color of the poinsettia some. It is more pinkish. I bought the tablecloth on Etsy a few years ago. The seller measured the distance from the middle to the candles. It works perfectly on my glass "patio" table in the sunroom. Yes, that white on the grass is snow. We have had flurries throughout the day and at around 20 degrees they have stuck.



Except for a door wreath and more recently the red ribbon on the pedestal for the green ball, we haven't done outdoor decorating. This year my husband decided to wrap red ribbon around the pillars. Our dear neighbor on the other end of the quadplex did this every year we lived in the condo. He went to heaven in May.

Not only did I use my new camera, but I am using my Photopad image editor that I loaded on to this computer after our old computer died. First time I tried a collage. Still much to explore and learn on the camera and the software.



No comments:

Post a Comment