Monday, December 16, 2019

In the Bleak Pre-Winter


Yesterday (Sunday) my neighbor's great-grandchildren rode the concrete walkway on bikes. I could hear their little voices, but only glanced out once to see an elementary-aged child on a blue bike. It was cold (20's) with a slight wind making it feel chillier, but they were bundled up and having a good time.

We had been predicted to have a dusting of snow overnight. When I got up this morning (Monday) there was at least an inch of snow covering everything, including this little tricycle left behind.

Since May, we have a lady that cleans our house every two weeks. Last time she was here her father was in the hospital in Fort Wayne with aspirated pneumonia. Today I asked her if her father had been able to come home. He died though he came home for 3 days. A very hard Christmas for her and her family. 

Wednesday I will attend Grace Village chapel to hear the chime choir Christmas concert. This will be the last concert for the director. The terms of her agreement with Grace Village for leading the group were changed, and she decided she could not continue under the new circumstances. Supposedly a new director is being sought. 

One of my Robin Hood neighbors who has been on hospice died either last night or early this morning. He was in his 90's, but his family will miss him. 

It is always hard to lose a loved one, but for it to happen around Christmas emphasizes the hole left in a family. My own father died in early December in 1997, but I still remember how bleak that time seemed that year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment