Saturday, April 29, 2017

Garage/Rummage Sale Finds

North Webster, a small lake town about 15-20 minutes drive from us, had its Community Garage Sale in its community center. The ad said tools and lumber among other things. My husband wanted to be there when the doors opened at 8 a.m. Early Saturday rising; yawn.

Not much in the way of tools, lumber not what he wanted. I found the prices rather high for most things, or they were unpriced and you had to offer a price. I am not a haggler so unless I see something I really like and want, I just walk away.
I had seen Corian cutting boards before. There was a whole table of them in different sizes and shapes. Not a bargain, but I decided to buy one to try.

The board sure is heavy. I already see once home in better light there are some light scratches. I suspect that is one of the qualities of this type of board. I junked 2 discolored poly cutting boards. We'll see how this one works out.
My bargain was in the Senior Center room, not the gym.
25 cents for a puzzle. Maybe I will start on it next week.

Plastered near the entrances were signs advertising a rummage sale at a nearby church. We took the bait. Bought some peanut butter chocolate brownies. We had a 9:30 a.m. treat at home. A bit on the dry side. At lunch, I nuked them in the microwave. That softened them some; very tasty warm.
My big find of the day was at the church. Lenox Winter Greetings items filled one table. I bought a set of two bowls. They look brand new, still have the stickers on the bottom, and came in the box. They have lids for easy refrigerator storage; the lids also have a small vent to open if microwaving something in the bowl.



The sticker said $2 for the set. I really like them. They go well with my Christmas drink coasters which have birds on them; also, with my new decorative plates. I'm going to wash them, put them in the box, and store them away until next winter/Christmas. Something to look forward to at the end of 2017.


My finds cheered up a gray rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment