Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Slowed-Down Day

My husband had a scratchy throat Sunday afternoon which turned into a nasty cold. So far I have a few sniffles which I hope are spring allergies, but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop so to speak. No sore throat yet. We plan to attend a Good Friday communion service if he feels well enough.

My potted tulips were starting to lean far over away from each other. Tonight I cut them off the stems and put in a vase. They probably won't last much longer. I did enjoy them.



I played 3 games of online Qwirkle this afternoon. I kept losing so I had stopped playing for awhile, but today I had better success. The moves by the computer show me that I have a set way of looking at the possibilities and miss opportunities. I think I have learned some hints.

They mowed the lawn yesterday for the first time since autumn. We might get up to 78 degrees Saturday, but the warm southwest winds are also bringing rain, including for Sunday.

I keep putting off the next step in the Kon-Mari organizing/decluttering method. After clothes and accessories which I have finished, comes books. I look at all of my books and feel overwhelmed about pulling them all off the shelves and seeing if they "spark joy". I am thinking about doing a small sorting and folding of kitchen towels. That is an area that needs work. I know, it is a way to procrastinate on the books, but maybe it will get me going again.

Next week is collection week for the Swap Shop. I do have a small pile of things to contribute. It's fun to get something for nothing, though sometimes nothing appeals or is needed. I did get a table clock with large numbers a few years ago, and every day I am thankful for its place in my home.

I bought 6 books at the public library sale to add to Grace Village library. I should try to process them before tomorrow afternoon. I went to the library Wednesday afternoon around 3:45 after literary club finished to do some shelving. My heart sank when I saw 3 very large boxes on the table. Yep, unannounced donations. I did a quick glance, taking the Bibles and devotional books to the Give and Take table. I will be lucky if I keep 3 or 4 books out of the hundred or so that were dumped in my lap. I start to feel a little burned out when this happens. I have no idea who put them there.

A few weeks ago I bought 3 skeins of yarn at a moving sale which advertised yarn, quilting, and needlework kits. Most of the stuff was for quilting. The yarn was mostly small lots of different colors and materials. The 3 skeins I bought were $1 apiece; the price tag on them said $13 each. Wow! Wool yarn is expensive. I had mostly been using cotton or acrylic yarn from Walmart and Meijers. Since it is a small amount, I looked for a small project. I thought about a hat, but my one experience with circular needles didn't go very well. One of the hat patterns had a cowl with it. Aha! I would look for a pattern for a cowl. I have reached a point in the pattern where I do yarn overs and knit two together. I am painfully slow doing the knit two together stitch. It is going to take awhile to finish this project. When I get it done I will post a link to the pattern.






No comments:

Post a Comment