Thursday, December 1, 2016

All Decorated

 

I finished my Christmas decorating yesterday. The tree was last. I ordered a small tree skirt from CharsStars. I had wrapped napkins around the base of my artificial tree in the past, but they were looking kind of faded.

I hung my cute wreath at the patio door like last year.


The biggest change this year is that I got rid of the Debbie Mumm plates and bought all new ones on ebay, each different. There is a cardinal in three of them and the ribbon motif also in 3 to tie them together some.



I am enjoying the change.

I still need to get out the Christmas placemats.

Next week is very busy for me. My helper in the library is gone December and maybe January; I will need to go over and shelve more often. Choir is fine tuning the music for the December 16th concert; my husband will come to C Lounge Monday evening around 5 p.m. when practice ends, and we will walk around for the open house to see how folks decorated their apartments. Then, we will go out for a bite of supper. Tuesday is the condo neighborhood Christmas lunch (prime rib). Wednesday I am co-hostess for Literary Club. Since it is the holidays, the two of us are going to supplement the refreshment provided by the caterer. I think I am going to make a chicken-based cracker spread. If it turns out OK, I will share the recipe in a future blog. Already bought the little red plates and some M and M’s. They have almond instead of peanut candy and the non-nut ones have mint flavor. All of these are in red and green.

We will have snow this Sunday. Hope the roads are clear enough for me to get to my dentist appointment Monday morning. It feels like winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment