Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Tulip Tuesday

We drove to Peabody Retirement Community in North Manchester this morning. I had planned to visit Friday, but the weather forecast is for rain the next few days followed by markedly colder temperatures. Today is pleasant with sunshine so off we went through the countryside. Most of the tulips are blooming, but the flowering trees are just starting.



Colorful blooms are wondrously cheerful, a real day brightener.


It's not hard to understand why this is one of my favorite spring outings. This batch of tulips is about 2-3 weeks earlier than last year's. I watch the tulips in my neighborhood; when they open, I head for Peabody.




Not all of the flowers are open yet.



This retirement community has benches among the flowers.




Of course there are other spring flowers besides tulips.



Notice the stump next to the white flowers. There was a flowering tree there in the past. They have planted some small dogwoods instead.


 Lots of blooms yet to open on these trees.


The colonial brick architecture is set off nicely by the trees.

I think there is a fountain under the plastic tarp. I don't recall seeing it in operation previously though.

Peabody will have its annual tulip festival April 29th I think. Might be a little late for peak tulip flowering with our early spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment