Friday, March 31, 2023

Almost Finished!

 Only 3 left! I am not talking about March Madness teams, but the hourly swallows I need to take tonight. Then I am done! A cracker at 8 p.m., 9 p.m., and 10 p.m. finishes that post-op task. Life will seem more normal again. I say more, because I still have some problems with regurgitation of certain foods. Not totally normal yet. But I have been adding/trying things. At lunch I had cherry 7-Up, the first carbonated beverage since before February 2nd. It went OK. 

Today I received a letter telling me my personal information was stolen from the data system of the local hospital/provider groups associated with Lutheran Kosciusko Hospital near the end of January. I can sign up for free identity theft protection.

I only scanned the multi-page letter. There is almost a full page of ways I can protect myself, such as putting a freeze on my credit records. Other things were suggested unrelated to using Community Health Systems facilities. As though I can protect myself and not worry about their failed security measures.

 I put a freeze on nearly a decade ago when my personal information was hacked and stolen. I can't remember if this was the time Community Health Systems was hacked or if it was when Anthem (my insurer at the time) notified me of theft. It is a nuisance to have to "unfreeze" it at times, such as when I bought a cell phone at Verizon who does a credit check on potential customers. But given the track record of the medical establishments/insurers I have used, it is necessary for me to do it. Their security measures do not stop breaches. They don't keep the bad guys out.

No comments:

Post a Comment