Monday, March 27, 2023

Disappointed

 I try not to set my heart on anything in the Swap Shop. If I find something to keep, then that is a little gift for the day; but usually most of the things disappear quickly, often before the official start. This morning I arrived about 9:30 a.m. 

Since there had been stacks of jigsaw puzzles (maybe 40), I thought I might at least get one of those. They were all gone. I admit I am disappointed. I ended up with a sweater, a music CD, and a beaded bracelet that is too big, but I plan to take apart and rework. 



I am listening to the CD as I type this. I am pretty sure I will be taking it back this afternoon. A lot of the music is performed by bands. Some applause included from concerts I guess. But there is a second disc; maybe I will like it better. I will listen as I wash dishes.

The sweater seems nice quality. The donor cut out the tag. I tried it on, and it fits OK. The main problem is that the fabric content and the care instructions must also have been on that tag. I suspect this is probably a man's sweater because of the brand (Oxford Shop). If it doesn't work out, I will donate it to the next Swap Shop or put it on Give 'n Take table. 

I remind myself to set my affections on things above. God has provided for my needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment