Friday, March 10, 2023

Still Winter

 

We had several inches of snow through the night and until mid-morning today. I have read that several places in the United States are weeks ahead of normal re leafing trees and bushes and spring flowers, but that is not the case for Northern Indiana. We have chances for snow a few times next week. 

It is interesting to notice how easily one's mood changes depending on the little things that happen to us in a day. Yesterday I hung my bathrobe on the hook in the closet only to see it fall to the floor. The plastic hook broke off the base. I have been using it for over 11 years. I am disappointed I have to figure out a replacement.

 Then before I headed out to pick up my groceries and stop at Martin's for orange juice (the only store in our area that sells low-acid OJ), I got an email announcing a flash sale for DiGiorno pizza at Martin's. $3.99 for the pizza Thursday only. I might not be quite ready to eat it for a few weeks, but it is in the freezer waiting to be baked. It made me smile to get such a good deal. 

Today at lunch I saw a titmouse at the birdfeeder. It has been such a long time since that bird came to our house. At the same time a robin sat on the patio wet cement. 

But we didn't get our Fort Wayne Journal Gazette newspaper today which added a shadow to the day.

My belly button incision is tender to touch but not really painful. This is week 5. I have felt down this week thinking that I have 3 more weeks until I can stop the hourly swallows. I just need to take it day by day and buck up. I am going to try eating at the Sunday buffet at Grace Village this week. We will see how that goes. I had half a croissant sandwich at lunch today with no trouble as long as I ate slowly. Slow and plenty of lubrication seem to be key. 

Grace Village is having a Swap Shop March 26th. Looking for contributions makes me want to sort through drawers. But I need to finish the income taxes filing first. Hopefully they will be done tomorrow. I am using Free File with an IRS partner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment