Thursday, March 16, 2023

Morphed

 When I went to Kroger this morning to pick up my online grocery order, the employee who came to my car was carrying a large plastic container of 12 bright rather gaudy cupcakes. I had ordered 12 two-bite mini cupcakes decorated for St. Patrick's Day. She explained that as she gathered my bags of groceries together to come to the car, she dropped the St. Patrick's Day cupcakes. The frosting smooshed all over the container. She went to grab a replacement in the bakery, but there were no St. Patrick's ones available. Apparently, full-sized cupcakes had been substituted for the minis. These weren't even close in size or color to what I ordered, but I said I would take them. I took two cupcakes over to my backdoor neighbors and warned them of blue mouth syndrome. When my husband and I each ate one at lunch, we ended up with blue mouths and tongues.


While I was at Martin's on Pi Day, I purchased a small pot of tulips. They are not open yet, but over the past two days they widen a little bit. There are 3 flowers. 


I have been sorting through drawers and cupboards to find contributions to Grace Village Swap Shop. I was feeling really motivated because I kept in mind that my husband wants us to move into an apartment in 3-4 years. Wednesday and yesterday I was too busy to get back to the sorting, but I had made some progress. I especially am spending time with a chest of drawers with miscellaneous things. I know this piece of furniture will not go with us to an apartment. Being able to clear it out some and find other spots for some things or get rid of stuff will be helpful for the future. Unfortunately, the impetus has died some, but I will finish the drawer I had started on. I have enough energy to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment