Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Finished Mandalas

I did meet my goal of coloring 5 mandalas. I have them taped to my patio door. They brighten the view up since I now have a bare tree out the window. I will take them down the week after Thanksgiving in order to put up Christmas decorations.


Today I attended Winona Literary Club. Part of the centerpieces were "cookies" made to look like turkeys. We each were given a small plastic bag so we could bring a turkey home. 



Almost too cute to eat. 

Our speaker was from Ryan's Case for Smiles. These are volunteers who make colorful pillow cases for hospitalized children trying to cheer them and their parents/families. Ryan's mother did this for him and others on his ward. The group has mushroomed so now it is in several states and in Canada. After 5 years of battling cancer (including an amputation of his right leg), Ryan died. To honor him, his parents continued making the cases and word spread.

A chapter of this group meets once a month at Grace Village as well as other places in nearby South Bend. The pillow cases go to many hospitals in the northern Indiana area. The nurses love having them to put on the pillows as they do elicit smiles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment