Thursday, September 2, 2021

Mandalas

 When we stopped at a Goodwill store in Ottawa, Illinois (a town near Starved Rock State Park), I bought two coloring books.


Since I have some free time the next 2 weeks before Winona Literary Club and Grace Village Choir start up again, I did a little coloring from the Mandala book.

The weather has been so pleasant currently that I sat in the sunroom looking out at my moss roses and the nearby trees and grass with my patio door partly open for fresh air. I put my new lamp from the recent estate sale to good use.


I am trying different mediums: crayons, colored pencils and markers. 



My thought is to do 3 more mandalas so that when autumn colors fade I will tape a group of 5 mandalas on my sliding glass door. I will probably only color one more next week, then do two when it gets colder and unpleasant to walk outside.

I am not really into coloring pictures. I tried a few times before especially during the pandemic shutdown. I can see that the mandalas are going to be too much alike for me to keep doing them. I will switch to the gardens book which has more variety. But only after I have met my goal to have 5 mandalas.

No comments:

Post a Comment