Monday, November 15, 2021

Early Taste of Winter

We had a pretty steady snow yesterday (Sunday) morning. Because the temperature has stayed at 30 today, very little has melted. In fact, we are having some light snow this afternoon as I type. 





It should start melting tomorrow and be gone for sure on Wednesday when we are in the 50's with rain. However, after Wednesday the thermometer drops into the 30's and 40's for the forecasted future highs. 

My housecleaner took a job in a cabinet factory. I believe she will be doing what her daughter who works there does. She gathers the hardware for the pertinent items onto a cart and delivers them to the assembly line. Her shift starts at 5 a.m. which I never could work. She will be earning twice what she earned cleaning. Her goal is to buy a used RV so she and her husband can retire and travel. I wish her well, but it means I am trying a new housecleaner.

 The former housecleaner recommended this business. There are 2 people working at a time which speeds things up, but also costs more. Today was the first time. They did a good job, but they arrived an hour later than what was scheduled. There were extenuating circumstances. We will see how it goes the next time. They do not clean during winter school break. After my December 13th cleaning I will be on my own for almost a month. Plenty of time to check out others if I am not satisfied with the current arrangement. 

More change in 20 months of change. I should be getting good at flexing, right? Not so much. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment