Sunday, November 7, 2021

Ladybugs

 We are having a nice warmup this weekend. As we exited the front door late this afternoon to take a walk, we had to dodge ladybugs. Dozens of them on the porch cement, the gliders, the outside walls, and a few on the front door. When we returned there were fewer of them and fortunately none on the door so we kept them from coming inside.




Our fall foliage has peaked. There are still some pretty trees, but lots of fallen leaves. The town of Winona Lake has a collection truck that "sucks up" the leaves that have been raked to the road edge. We saw several residences where the leaves were waiting. I don't know what the city does with them. At least we seldom see smoke from leaf burning these days. That does tend to aggravate my asthma.



We should have several nice days early in the week, then about a 20 degree plunge by next weekend.

The Grace Village choir is slated to sing in chapel Wednesday morning. Our director has COVID. Supposedly the pianist is to direct us. Since when we face the congregation we can't even see the pianist, I don't know how this is going to work out. We will find out at practice Tuesday.

My husband and I got our Moderna boosters last Friday. Because of high transmission in our county, the CDC recommends wearing a mask in public gatherings. I mostly do online grocery shopping with pickup. Friday I went into the store to pick out some produce and buy a get-well card. All of the Kroger employees are required to wear masks; about half a dozen customers wore them including me. I wear a KN95 at church, too, but it is rare for me to see anybody else with a mask. I am thinking of doing internet streaming of the worship service at home once Thanksgiving rolls around. We already have an increase in COVID cases; after people travel and mingle with relatives it is likely going to be worse.

I am enjoying my cozy home. The last few days we have been working on a jigsaw puzzle my husband made from a poster he bought at the Old North Church gift shop in Boston. There are about a dozen figurals (see the little duck). It was fun to reminisce about our visit to Boston decades ago, part of a sabbatical.





No comments:

Post a Comment