Monday, November 1, 2021

Color At Last

 I read a statement once that said: "There are two seasons; fall and waiting for fall." A few cold nights and autumn has arrived in all of its glory. I think this week will be peak color for the foliage.

Unfortunately, I was busy this morning when the sun was shining. I didn't want to go out mid-day as usually photos taken at that time are flat. But I waited too long this afternoon. I was wearing my bone stimulator "collar" which is to be worn for a minimum of 60 minutes at a time. I guess I should have gone outside wearing it. I could see the sun getting dimmer. Now it is completely covered by a thin layer of clouds. It is really chilly. I had my jacket fully zipped up around my neck; when I got home my nose was very cold.


That is my house in the background. I can see this tree out my bedroom window.







This morning we made our annual pilgrimage to our public library for "free magazines". Once a year they put out the previous year's issues for patrons to take permanently. My husband wants to be there on day one at opening time so he can get the 6 annual issues of Fine Woodworking. I ended up with a dozen magazines: a few Good Housekeeping, one Country Woman, the rest Garden Gate or Country Living. I quickly skimmed through what was available in the library looking for issues I might want for recipes or mainly for pictures for my folders. I could have taken the whole lot of a title as there is no limit, but I really only wanted ones where I saw potential. 

I am super busy tomorrow and Wednesday, but Thursday and the rest of the week I will have lots of time to happily peruse my loot.




No comments:

Post a Comment