Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Barely Turned

 My walk this morning confirmed what I have been seeing through my windows. The trees in my neighborhood have very little autumn color yet. 







I always liked the design and setting for this house below. I was inside once over 35 years ago but just in the living room. Interesting mailbox in front.


The  exception to little color is the red-foliaged tree. However, it is already losing its leaves. Exposed in the bare branches is a hornets' next. Just down the street from it is an apple tree; I had never noticed before that we have an apple tree in our neighborhood.



Our nights have turned colder this week. Hopefully the leaves will change color before an autumn wind brings them tumbling down.


I love these kinds of days, sunny and around 70 degrees in the day, colder and crisp at night and early morning. I wore my "Sherpa" jacket from Costco this morning on the walk. It felt cozy and just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment