Sunday, September 26, 2021

Autumn Weekend

 Yesterday I visited the Kosciusko County Farmers' Market. I purchased some zinnias, cookies, and small tomatoes.




So far these zinnia stems have stayed straight, no bending like that one batch I bought earlier this summer. There were fewer vendors than during my last visit. The market supposedly runs through October so I was a bit surprised to see half a dozen absent. 

I had taken my blue Grace Village tote bag to carry my purchases. When I arrived at the tomato booth and went to put them away, I realized I no longer had the bag. I walked back to the zinnia booth and there it lay partway under the table where I had dropped it. Thanks be to God that it was still there for me to retrieve. 

It was cooler yesterday so I made soup for lunch. We enjoyed slices of La Brea Bakery Sunflower Honey bread and finished up with one cookie each.


Today we headed directly from church south on Country Club Road which took us to Indiana Highway 14. There we turned east toward Fort Wayne. My husband has been wanting to try Salvatori's restaurant on Illinois Road (Hwy 14). There isn't much fall foliage yet in our part of Indiana, but it was a pleasant drive. 


The menu displayed two prices. When I asked the waitress she said the less expensive price was for a half portion. I only ate half of my serving and I was full. I can't imagine what a whole portion looks like. We asked for take-home boxes. 


My food (ziti and a side salad) was good, but I don't know that I would drive so far to eat there. If I were in the area, then yes I would stop.

I have started to put out autumn decorations in my house. When I finish doing that this week, I will share with you, especially the new pillow covers I bought. 

We are entering my favorite season of the year. I look forward to the colorful changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment