Monday, September 13, 2021

PBS Program About 9/11 at the Pentagon

 Like most people my age, I have lots of memories of the day the terrorists attacked the World Trade Center. I know the Pentagon was also attacked by an airplane crashing into the building. But I didn't have many details. 

Friday night my husband and I watched on TV a program titled Inside the Pentagon. Here is a link if you missed it: Inside the Pentagon

I believe the whole program is viewable (about 55 minutes). 

For the first decade, I wore my remembrance pins. Now I only get them out and put them on if I am going to be outside my home. The little Dalmatian was created by the workers of Bank of America. The tag has the names of the 3 workers that died that day in New York. My sister worked for a subsidiary of B of A. She bought one of the memorial dogs and sent it to me.




I still have the sections of the Dallas Morning News with the shocking headlines and photos. I did not get them out this year since there was so much media coverage for the 20th anniversary. 

Those of us who witnessed/experienced this tragedy even if only through the media reports will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment