Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Autumn Swap Shop

 Grace Village is finally able to hold its semi-annual swap shop again. It started Monday. I donated 4 items; I took 6, but the two clothing items will have to be returned. One was too small, one was too big despite the fact they are both marked the same size.

I am keeping the scarf.


I think it goes well with my purple sweater and OK with the pinkish one.





The fake bittersweet I will cut up to add to my jug of fall leaves. The real stems I cut last winter are shriveling up and the yellow leaves falling off. The real stuff is just so fragile.


The potpourri I will add to the jar I bought at the recent estate sale.

The potpourri in the jar now is more red and bluish green with a gingerbread? smell. This new batch is more orangish. I don't know how to describe the odor. Allspice? 



The CD is OK though I think the concept of having sea waves in the background of each hymn is a bit strange. I will probably add it to the spring swap shop after listening to it in the next few months. That is the nice thing about the swap shop. You pay nothing and you can always donate what you took at a future swap or put it on the give and take table. Buyer's remorse costs nothing but a bit of time.

I have my autumn decorating done except for adding the fake bittersweet. I will try to share some photos this week. 

Our trees are slowly getting some autumn color. Probably next week or the week after will be peak color. But we are in a weather pattern of scattered rain most days mixed with times of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment