Saturday, September 4, 2021

Warsaw Farmers' Market

 This morning I went to the Kosciusko County Farmers' Market in Warsaw. I was pleased to see more vendors than when I was there earlier in the summer, but still disappointed that the produce vendors were small in number. Below you can see my purchases.



We already sampled the oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips at lunch. Still waiting for us are our snickerdoodles. I plan to grate the large zucchini to freeze for baking bread in the next few months.

The pink earrings do not go as well with my wardrobe as I had anticipated; I can use them with a few items though. 

These zinnias are not drooping at all like my last batch. Relieved. 

Living with change can be hard. Of course we all are having to deal with the pandemic.

We learned this past week that our dentist has fully retired. The last we had heard he was semi-retired. The dentist that bought out his practice leaves me wanting more. We will probably have to look for a new dentist after a decade of using the same one.

We also learned that our advisor at Vanguard has abruptly left the company. We have been assigned a new advisor who hopefully will be able to look at the work done by the previous one to get up to speed. We plan to have a phone meeting sometime in the next month to become acquainted. We are pretty low maintenance having a meeting every 6 months in the past two years. We do want him to understand our priorities, however. 

The shorter hours of daylight are starting. My personal days on earth are growing shorter too. One of our neighbors died of COVID this past Sunday. Reminders that we are on the ending side and not the beginning side of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment