Thursday, September 23, 2021

Holing Up

 We had our carpeting cleaned this morning. To stay out of the way and then off the damp carpet, I holed up in our sunroom.


The cleaners recommended that we not reposition the other furniture until tomorrow morning. It's going to be a long evening with no Lazy Boy chair to sit in.

Earlier this morning I went to the Friends of the Library sale at North Webster. I was a bit disappointed in the selection of books. Hardly any non-fiction. 2 of the 3 novels I bought are secular so may have some scenes/language I'd rather not read, but I will give them a try. I also bought 3 CDs.



We did see Seabiscuit before, but I think I will enjoy watching it again. 

We had placed our loveseat, which was mostly on the area rug,  facing north while we watched Jeopardy. I could see quite a bit of color in the sky after a gray and rainy day.


When I stepped outside to face west toward the sunset I was blown away.


The sky looked like it was on fire. Well worth the effort to go look.

Fall came in with cold rain and winds yesterday. I had to find my flannel sheet (which I use as a blanket during the transition). I also turned the heat on. It is going to warm up some Sunday and early next week. I am glad to have some new books and CDs to while away the cold gloomy weeks coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment