Friday, April 17, 2020

Spring Inside At Least

While yesterday's sunshine streamed through the windows, I put my tablecloth with flowers and butterflies on the sunroom lamp table and replaced the red pillows with the yellow ones. It seemed so spring-like. I even sat in the sunroom looking through some of my decorating folders.

However, the forecast was for snow today. I snipped 3 daffodil blossoms to put in a vase inside.


We received several inches of snow today; there are still a few flakes from time to time this afternoon. Saturday will be slightly warmer and the snow should melt. 





 The strange lights glowing on my neighbor's house are the reflection of my dining                                 area lights in my patio door.


The pear trees were about to bloom.



          
Indiana's governor has extended the stay-home mandate to May 1st. He and several surrounding states are trying to coordinate the return to work and the opening of restaurants and stores. We will hear more about the stragegy and steps next week. But older people and people with health problems are expected to limit their exposure to the general public. Kosciusko County has 22 confirmed cases and 1 death. The area around Indianapolis has the most cases with over 500 deaths state-wide. The rural and small-town communities will probably reopen sooner than the big cities. 


It will not go back the way it was before Covid-19, but it will be better than having so many people not working. Still can't meet in large numbers so most churches will keep live streaming worship services. I went to a grocery store yesterday to find the few things I was unable to get using to-go pickup. About half of the people wore masks, and they were careful about social distancing. Not as scary as previous weeks with big crowds bunching together. Hoping the new grocery store measures will stay around for a few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment