Saturday, April 11, 2020

Easter Eve

Since it might rain tomorrow, I went for a walk in the sunshine this afternoon. I visited with a man from my church on his front porch; I haven't seen him in weeks. Two ladies who live next door to each other were sharing a porch; then another friend out walking came up close enough to join in. It was good for the 4 of us to get caught up on some news. In a retirement community one does tend to be acquainted with one's neighbors.

I was tired of walking west to the pond and back so I set out east to cross County Road 250 East onto Robby Road. This was "new" territory for me. Lots of things blooming now.



Hellebore are supposed to be early bloomers. This one over by the Community Center seems a little later than what I would expect.


As I headed east on Sunset Lane I came to these little purple flowers at the corner of Sunset and 250E.

This house on Robby Road had bright yellow forsythia and daffodils.

I think these are saucer magnolia blooms, but I am not sure.

Daffodils are abundant .


This blooming tree and the cross on the door reminded me that tomorrow is Easter. When I got home, my husband showed me an Easter card dropped off by our backdoor neighbors.

Yesterday my husband and I participated in communion using a YouTube video done by my pastor. We had some red wine and a water cracker which worked fine. It helped us focus on the events of Good Friday. With such a strange Easter this year, we were grateful to have something familiar to do.

We will watch a livestream worship service tomorrow. We may not be together with other believers physically, but we join them in spirit and heart as we remember the risen Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment