Sunday, April 26, 2020

"Novel" Entertainment

When you don't get out much, little things become one's entertainment or diversion.

Tonight we ordered a pizza from Domino's which is across town from where we live. We were amused to find they give you a tracker, a visual way to follow the delivery person on a map on a computer or a smartphone. The little car icon slowed down several times; don't know if that was for stoplights or if the screen only refreshes at certain increments. It entertained us.

I finally hosted a Zoom session/meeting. It was a test run with my sister in North Carolina this evening. Still not confident about certain aspects, but we saw and heard each other just fine. She on her laptop and me on my ipad.

Tonight around 10 p.m. we might step outside on our front lawn to see the satellite overhead. It is tracking northwest to southwest. We had lots of wind today so the skies are clear. I didn't hear clearly on this evening's weather report what I would be seeing. It was a SpaceX StarLink Satellite Train. These are satellites Elon Musk launched for internet access service. They are evenly spaced. The train gets smaller as the individual satellites find their orbit. The video attached is from another county. I did not see as many as pictured but I was originally looking a bit too far high and only saw them as I turned toward the west. I may have missed some. It was eerily beautiful.

I scheduled another to-go grocery order. I will drive to the loading spot around 2 p.m. Monday. We will see how complete this order is. I am thinking of signing up with the store I most often visit (owned by Kroger) for another pickup in 10-12 days. I am more familiar with that store's inventory and store brand products. 

I have been thinking of this coming winter. We will not make a trip to a warmer place probably. Still too much virus around. I had a day of gastroenteritis in Oceanside and my husband grew weary of any outings more than an hour's drive. Maybe God was preparing us for letting go of winter trips. 

What are you doing to divert your thoughts from the restrictions around us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment