Thursday, March 26, 2020

The Enemy Has Arrived

My county now has its first confirmed case of Covid-19. Before it seemed surreal and like going through the motions. Now it is imperative to take precautions seriously. I have been trying to do that, but sometimes unexpected things crop up. Like finding out Tuesday when I went grocery shopping that one of the stores no longer had wipes available to disinfect the cart. I will take my own wipe in a baggie now when I go to stores since I can't depend on them to offer help.

 There are maybe two dozen tests in our county where the results are not yet known so there could be more ill people. Hopefully they have been following the stay-home mandate and not spreading the virus widely. It is only realistic to expect there will be more positives in the coming days and weeks.

I just listened to a press conference by our governor who says they are looking at the state's situation each day, and that if the mandate must be lengthened, we will know several days before the expiration date arrives. That target date to end stay-home was April 7th.  But of course as a person in the high-risk group, I will be attempting to stay home anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment