Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Open Your Eyes


The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.
But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.
— J. R. R. Tolkien from The Fellowship of the Ring


I saw this quote on Emily Gibson's blog today and felt like sharing it. I kept it in mind as I set out for my walk this afternoon.

The sun was shining, the sky blue, the birds were singing, a man was sharing his new puppy with his neighbors (he stood a distance but the dog approached to be petted), green sprouts were emerging, and trees budding. My next-door neighbor whose wife died in July and who had back and hip surgery in February was standing on his porch. I chatted with him a few minutes. These are all things to be cherished and appreciated even (maybe especially) during the pandemic. 










There was a whole row of tulip plants in front of the skilled nursing building. This one was in front of a hot-air vent; with the extra warmth it is already blooming. 

I bought some exercise "equipment" (already had the green band) at Meijer. I will try to follow along with a video that has a routine similar to the one I was doing at the Y.


Later this afternoon or evening, I will start knitting a dishcloth.


Though my pot of daffodils is fading away, I took the last 2 blossoms and put in a vase.

The pink tulips are starting to open. Look for ways to brighten your time at home. There is much that is fair.




No comments:

Post a Comment