Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Shutting Down

The governor of Indiana has mandated that all non-essential businesses in the entire state will close as of 11:59 p.m. March 24th (today) and stay shut through April 6th. This includes barbers and hair salons. 

The residents not working at an essential business are to stay home, only going out for groceries/food, medical needs, or to help someone whose care they are responsible for. 

I went to Meijer this morning during their "senior hour". I arrived at 7:10 a.m. The first thing I headed for was hand sanitizer, but there was none on the shelves. After picking up a few more things on that side of the store, I headed for groceries.

 My sister-in-law had asked me to buy a few things for her including a package of toilet paper. Not a single roll of tp was on the shelf. In fact, that aisle had one package of Sparkle paper towels and about 6 packages of napkins along one side. Imagine how much empty shelf space that is. There were no cold-cuts for sandwiches either. They did have a good selection of cereal. I found a box of my brand and also her two brands. Frozen vegetables and pizzas wiped out. I really went to get fresh produce, and I had no trouble finding an ample supply of what I wanted in that department. I dropped in at 3 other stores looking for tp, but none was to be found. I gave my sister-in-law one of our mega rolls; with what she already had, she will be OK for 3-4 weeks now. 

I will probably go pick up some produce and maybe eggs and a few other things in 10 days. Otherwise I am staying out of stores. My husband and I plan to order from a restaurant on Sunday for pick-up. Tomorrow will be mid-50s and sunny so I will go for an afternoon walk around my neighborhood. I bought a little pot of pink tulips. 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty tulips. We have to stay home starting Thursday. Stores are getting restocked a bit. Still no TP or hand sanitizer. Hubby did the grocery shopping today - an eye opener for him. Only frozen vegetables were corn, peas, and okra. You would think okra would be more popular here in the South.

    ReplyDelete