Wednesday, May 1, 2019

May Day



The sun finally came out this afternoon. We had light rain and sprinkles earlier. The table decorations at the Winona Literary Club were fresh flowers today. As I was locking doors, turning off lights, putting away the mic, etc., one of the hostesses asked me if I would like to have one of the centerpieces. Wasn't that nice?

After club, I took the money collected for the Winona Literary Club luncheon on May 15th to the bank to deposit. Just one more meeting (the luncheon) and I will be done as President. Hurray. I did agree to serve as treasurer next year though.

It has been a rather soggy April, but now with some warmth I see  more signs of spring. My cheddar pinks are putting out flower stalks now. Probably blooms in a few weeks. Just the barest hint of red growth means the moss roses are also going to come up pretty soon. My quince bush is loaded with buds turning slightly coral. The neighborhood tulips are opening; maybe I can go Saturday afternoon to Peabody in North Manchester to see its tulips. Tonight my husband is taking me to Texas Roadhouse.

I stayed up way too late last night reading a book on my ipad. This is one of those "freebies" from Wall Street Journal. The book is about the Thai soccer team stranded in the cave after flooding. I thought since I knew the outcome the book might be uninteresting, but I am finding it a good read.

Happy May Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment