Monday, May 20, 2019

Beds of Two Types

My twin mattress set arrived this afternoon. I am going to try this new bed without a headboard. The bedding I purchased over the past two years on sale is ready to use. I think tonight I will need the blue electric blanket, but by week's end probably won't turn it on. I may even need to switch to the light-weight white blanket by the weekend.

I bought this comforter and bed skirt on ebay. I am storing two plastic boxes under this bed the same as I did under the queen bed. The rolls of wrapping paper and gift bags I moved to the "extra" closet in my husband's room where I already had some paper and gift bows. Not enough room under this bed for those. 

Recently several people in my church have been asking to connect on Facebook. Some of them are in positions of leadership so I suspect they decided to make a concerted effort to become FB friends with members of the congregation. Only about a week after accepting a friend request, I saw one man was looking for a queen mattress set. I told him I would have one sometime in May if he could wait. Tonight he and his father-in-law took the queen mattress away. 


I have a solid blue top and bottom sheet I bought on Etsy. The pillow case on the left was one I used with my queen bedding. It should go well with the blue sheets. The pink floral set is fairly new. The sheets with the bright green leaves and sweet peas are over 40 years old. I used them on my bed in Whittier, but not much since getting married. The two bottom sheets are flat queen sheets which I kept if I need a temporary "curtain" or something to drape over furniture. The blue flowered one belonged to a set I bought at JC Penney when I won a drawing for $500 at the new Dallas store's grand opening. Sort of sentimentally attached to it.

I took my well-worn bedding to the animal shelter. The other stuff is going to Good Will. I kept the green blanket and the daisy comforter even though they are queen-sized. We do have an air mattress with which these might be used. The white waffle-weave blanket is for my twin bed. We usually had a flannel sheet to use in the transition times, but I didn't find any I liked in twin. I may look again next year when the supply is new. I waited until March to search this year; too many had winter motifs.

My other "beds" are starting to have color. The purple iris will probably open by the end of the week, and the cheddar pinks are already blooming. The pear tree blossoms have fallen off, and there is a very noisy robin residing there. I can't see a nest, but I think there must be one. We ate lunch sitting on the porch one day last week and there were constant cheeping calls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment