Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Irises Outside, Succulents Inside


I have lots of iris blooms this spring. I am so pleased how they are flowering as the quince has lost its coral blooms. Perfect timing.
The problem with irises is they are top-heavy. I tried staking most of them up so the lawn mower won't run over them, but a few of them in the rocks I just let droop. The many rainstorms coming thru beats them down some, too.
I know there are other colors, but the purple are my favorite. I am blessed that they came already planted in front of my condo. The landscaper did move them out of the shade into a sunny corner. They are thriving now.

At the Hobby Lobby in Mesquite Texas I purchased a framed print of irises. It hangs in the front bedroom in our condo.

I did manage to kill most of the succulents I received for Christmas. Every time I watered the two connected containers the water would go straight thru the planting medium. I am not sure it was a good type of "soil". But on the other hand, I do not have a green thumb so maybe it is my fault they died. When I bought my front porch pots of flowers at Menards, it had some pots of succulents for sale. I bought one and so far they look healthy. Much easier to gauge the moisture level of the soil in this pot.


No comments:

Post a Comment