Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Second Thoughts

While my DiGiorno pizza is baking, I went out and started cutting off most of the branches of the lambsquarters. I learned it will wilt when the frost comes so won't provide a perch for the birds. The main reason to cut it back (and down later this fall) is that I read a single bush can produce 50,000 seeds. Yikes! The propagation is only thru the seeds. 

I did leave the main stalk and a few smaller sections of flowers. I am curious to see what the seeds look like and if the birds really do eat them. But the lambsquarters is going down.

An interesting tidbit totally unrelated. The Grace Village choir has been invited to sing a number at the Schuler wedding on November 15th. This is my backdoor neighbor who is marrying a lady who works at the lobby desk in Independent Living. They both lost spouses to Alzheimer's. The choir did sing at a funeral a few years ago, but a wedding is a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment