Thursday, September 6, 2018

Trunk Club Round 2

My fall "trunk" of curated clothes arrived yesterday. I had hoped to end up with an autumn/winter skirt. That didn't happen. I liked the selections better this time, but again fit was a problem.

I had reviewed the trunk and edited out several items; after that review, the stylist replaces the edits. There is no second edit; I saw the items coming and knew there were several that would be rejected by me.
The striped top was added after the edit. I didn't even open it up because stripes across a well-endowed bosom look crappy. The skirt I had hopes for, but it was a pale gray rather than the cream color I thought the photo showed. It was called "wet cement" so I guess I should have realized it would be more gray toned. A black skirt with tiers of ruffles also not my style.

The colors were more to my taste this time: purples, pinks, navy, neutrals. The lilac jacket fit like a tent. Huge! The sleeves came past my middle knuckles. The black jacket was too tight and strained across the back. The "tweedy" skirt was several inches too large in the waist.

Two of the blouses fit well, but the material was very thin, almost see-thru. The pinkish floral blouse fit well, but had big puffy shoulders. The main killer was the teensy loop to put the back button through. Impossible for me to do myself. 




I toyed with keeping the pink knit top, but I have a pink sweater top that is a purer unmuddied pink and goes better with my skin tone. The charcoal pants I really liked. The color and fabric were just what I was looking for. It was a little big in the waist. At first, I thought I would move the bar of the fastener over a bit. Alas, the fastener parts are not sewn in but grommeted in somehow. However, I decided to keep the pants.

I packed up the clothes except the charcoal trousers last night. This afternoon I took the trunk to Staples and used the free return label.
Most of these clothes are more expensive than what I have been spending on my wardrobe. I don't plan to ask for another trunk. I do feel more comfortable about looking in the stores at items pricier than what I did in the past. I'm not sorry I experimented with Trunk Club. Probably if I did a few more trunks, the selections would meet my preferences better, but there is never any guarantee in fitting well, and that is essential to keeping the clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment