Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Fine Fall Day

After some cloudy and rainy days, we had sun today. I had wanted to visit Heart of the Lakes Antiques in North Webster for some time. This is one of my favorite area antiques store. I talked my husband into going with me. First, though, we stopped at nearby Tri-County Fish and Game Reserve. I was disappointed. I had hoped to see some colorful trees reflected in the small lakes. I don’t know if I am too late or too early or if this is not a good spot or year for color. Last year near the end of September we saw more color at Shock Lake than this year. Still, it was nice to travel some country roads and walk among nature. I saw one heron take flight.


On the road to Hammond Lake we saw a few colorful trees; and on the main road to the reserve was an interesting silo.



Most of the soybeans and corn are quite dried out and brown and should be harvested soon.

I bought a few things at the Heart of the Lakes antique store including these 4 placemats. Blue, again. LOL.


Then we moseyed on Old 30 to Columbia City to eat lunch, followed by a stop at Columbia House Interiors. I had seen an ad in the Warsaw newspaper that this company is celebrating its 50th anniversary and one of their services is reupholstering. Good news is that most of their fabric is on sale or will be in the next few weeks. We checked out 2 sample books to bring home which we will return in a few days. Once we have selected a fabric, they will visit our home and measure the 2 chairs we are thinking of recovering.

So it was a busy, happy day spent together. My husband even remarked it was fun to be retired and run around.

No comments:

Post a Comment