Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Ebola Sadness

Reading and hearing about the ebola infections in Dallas saddens me. I had my cervical spine surgery done at Presbyterian Hospital in 2003. I know quite well where Marquita Street (where Nina Pham lives) is. Now this shocking news that the most recent ill health worker actually travelled on an airplane with a low-grade temperature. It blows my mind.

 

We had an employee at Turpin Library who returned to mainland China to see her family. While there, SARS broke out. When she returned she was not allowed to come to work for 2-3 weeks. Fortunately, she did not become ill. You can’t be too careful.

 

I do not believe the CDC when it says hospitals are prepared for ebola cases. I don’t think my local hospital would be ready. I guess now the CDC will send in a team to assist and instruct. Flying by the seat of their pants I would say. Certainly did not protect the public by allowing somebody who had exposure to fly on an airplane. The virus could be transported who knows where; we may find out within the next few weeks. Let’s pray nobody in contact with Ms. Vinson in the airport or on the plane becomes ill or we may face public panic.

 

My husband and I got our flu shots last week. Won’t help with ebola, but a good health practice. I also had my mammogram today. I know a lady who skipped mammograms; she now has stage 4 breast cancer. Don’t skip yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment